You can surprise your customers with a birthday email on their birthday. How fun is that? With automations, you can do this in no time!
Tip: Learn more about setting up campaigns at our Marketing Pro event. Click here for a full list of our available events and register for free!
When setting up a birthday email, make sure you have the Contact Attribute Date of Birth set in your programme.
- In your Business Dashboard, go to Marketing 2.0 and then to Emails
- Select Automated and click Add in the top right. Choose Send Automatically, select the Marketing category, click Create
- Then choose the birthday email template you want and click on Use
Haven't created a template yet? Read how to do that here
4. You will now get to the campaign edit screen
1. Content: Here you can edit your template to your liking. Don't forget to add the unsubscribe link, without it you can't continue
2. Information: Enter the name (visible only to you) and subject (visible to the recipient) of the campaign and select the subscription type
3. Actions: Add actions to your campaign. Before selecting an action, make sure your template matches the selected action, you do this in step 1: content.
Adding actions to your campaign is optional. Do you want to give your customer a birthday gift such as a points claim or a digital gift card? Then setting up an action is required. However, this is entirely up to you.
5. Have you finished editing? Then click View and activate, Publish and Open automations
6. Choose the automation Celebrate Birthday
7. You will now enter the automation flow, fill in the birthday email you just created, select Activate, then Activate again
Tip: you can choose to send out the e-mail on the day of the birthday, but also, for example, a week in advance. To do this, edit the subscription filter of the Starting Point in the automation flow
Your birthday email is now set!